Flukso HQ is powering down from Aug 1 till Aug 15 for a well-deserved summer break. We'll be shipping again from Aug 17 onwards.
This release fixes two bugs:
- 3aab57 solves an incorrect sensor configuration in the tmpo daemon. No tmpo blocks will be generated in r246 without the fix.
- 48d710 ensures proper arrow rendering on the local Kube configuration page.
If you've upgraded your FLM to r246 this week, please bump it to r247.
A big thanks to Markus for his QA work on this one.
This latest FLM02 release has been in the pipeline for quite a while, but for good reason. The highlights of this release include initial support for the FluksoKube, the upcoming battery-powered sensor node, as well as a new time series storage format called Tmpo. Both topics were introduced at EC1404, the latest elektro-camp to date, see the respective presentations here and here. Once you upgrade your FLM to this r24x firmware, it will start logging your sensor readings in Tmpo format in parallel to the existing data path. Sensor data will still be available via the existing API in the 'old' format as well.
Both the Kube and Tmpo functionality will be described in more detail in future blog posts. Further improvements included in this release:
- A heartbeat LED that can be reconfigured to signal the current logic level on pulse port 4 or 5. This helps in calibrating the FLS04 opto-reflective sensor, to be added to the Flukso web shop shortly.
- Support for the DSMR4.0 Dutch smart meter standard. You can now select between the 2.2 and 4.0 protocol in the local FLM UI.
- A 5ms pulse masking on pulse ports suppressing any spurious transitions.
- A basic real-time logging of MQTT sensor topics in the UI using the Paho MQTT/Websockets JS library.
- Logging of fractional counter values, which fixes the r232 known issue of real-time readings not being correct for pulse inputs with meter constants that are is not an integer fraction.
If you have a Fluksometer serial in the FL02xxxxxx or FL03xxxxxx range, you can now upgrade your FLM via a simple click on the settings (cogwheels in the top right corner) > devices page. The actual upgrade will take place on the next hourly FLM heartbeat. Make sure to keep your FLM humming during a scheduled upgrade.
Flukso HQ will be left unmanned from 17 till 24 August. All orders placed next week will be shipped from the 25th onwards.
Almost half a year has passed since the last elektro:camp. Which means the next one is right around the corner. EC1404 is taking place at the engineering campus of the KULeuven. Once more, admission to the event is free as in beer while the participating projects are free as in speech. Please add an entry to the sign-up page if you're planning to attend this barcamp. Hope to welcome you in two weeks!